2008-10-17

I am totally Cheap...

Ok, I totally forgot to take pictures of the girl's costume for the blog (cause I am so blond like that). So, instead of pictures, you're going to get a cheap Christmas idea.

I am nothing if not totally cheap. Here you go: I take pictures for my own pleasure. I'm okay at this if I have enough time to really work with my camera, I am also totally enthralled with putting makeup on other people, and I love to do hair. (Do you see where this is going yet?)

So, for Christmas I am giving the girls under 16 certificates to have a photo shoot with me. Hair & Makeup included. I will then send an 8 x 10 & disc - with all the pictures from the shoot - home with them. This way the parents get a gift too! - See cheap.

However, I'm still not sure what to do for the boys in the family. The photo shoot would still be nice for the parents, but there really aren't too many boys in the family who would enjoy it. That makes it not a gift for them. - What do I do? Help me if you can, I'm open for original ideas.

Once again, I apologize for my blondness. I'll try for pictures this weekend.

Oh! I forgot to tell you... The Wonder Woman costume is coming along brilliantly! We got the top and bottoms sewn together. The belt is made and was being attached last night. I got the eagle drawn and cut out, it was also being attached last night. She's having to do a lot of the sewing on her own, because the band on the bottoms is so very stretchy she has to actually sew it while she is wearing it - very awkward. But once it was all pinned together it looked so good! Also she found these weird beer can coozies that are really 2 snap bracelets glued to foam, that we cut to fit her wrists and added gold lamé to them to make her wrist cuffs - or as she likes to call them - gauntlets - They look pretty good. So now all that needs to be done is - find her a skin toned body suit - make her crowny thing - finish up her cape (if she still wants it) - and add all of the stars to everything. Not really too much.

Then I have to sew the Man / Woman's clothes together so it will be easy to get into and voilá MIL will be done too! - We found her clothes this weekend at the goodwill. Yay! I'll let you know how everything else is going, Monday maybe? Who knows? Not me that's for sure.

No comments: