2008-10-16

Enough Procrastination

So, I am onto a new book. I am now reading Genesis of Shannara - The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks. If you don't know who he is, you have probably never read any Fantasy Lit. I'm not saying he's the first, the best or anything like that. It's just kind of like the statement - If you don't know who Stephen King is you've probably never read any Horror Lit. I guess that's not really a good comparison, how about - If you don't know who Shakespear is you've got your head in a hole probably never read a play - no that's not it either. All I'm saying is that Mr. Brooks has an abundance of titles in the Fantasy Genre. Yeah that works.

On to the book itself. It is the third in a series of books coming after The Word and the Void books and before The Shannara books. I started this series completely by accident. I went to the library and saw Armageddon's Children , picked it up because I used to read Mr. Brooks when I was in, I don't know, like middle school maybe? So, I was all, hm... maybe this will be good. And yeah, it was pretty good, but the biggest pull of this series is that he keeps leaving people hanging. I have to read the rest of the books so I know what happens to everyone.

Now I've read the first two books of the series so when this one came out (I was totally watching for it) I got on my library's web site and put it on hold. So come back if you care to see how I feel about it, or if I find another quote I just love.

Also on for tomorrow... My daughter's new costume - still the dead bride thing, but maybe with pictures - If I can freaking remember to take them. o_o I am totally a blond.

1 comment:

- Jim Mohr - said...

I knew you could do it. I only wish I was "well read" ao I could relate and comment effectively..